Thursday, August 26, 2010

Focus.

So the past couple weeks have been crazy. I decided to get serious about being a nurse. It's about time. In order to apply to UVU in January I have to finish a prerequisite class there, so I made the dreadful move. Leaving Logan was such a hard thing for me. Leaving these girls (shown below) was even harder.

I am now living in my aunt and uncles basement in Orem. They are some of the greatest people I know. Everyday I think about how grateful I am to live here. The other day I was talking to Janelle about what I had done that day and she said, "jeez, it's like you're living at a resort", and it's true. Pool and Tennis court in the backyard, air-conditioning, a house keeper, having a shower to myself and a grand piano to myself are only a couple of the benefits. The company is even better. Anyways, nothing holds a light to Logan but this is the next best thing. School is great so far. I never thought I would enjoy coming back to UVU but it's treating me pretty good. Strangers are getting used to me saying hi to them. I guess being friendly is just an Aggie thing. I'm gonna make it spread down here.


Other highlights of August:
Jessies bachelorette party on the fun bus was such a good time. Her showing up in a wedding dress was such a treat. Wendover could not get enough of her.
Favorite quotes of the night:
"You guys wanna see some crack?"
"Set those boobies free!"
(The first quote was from a drunk lady who could not wait to show us her crack, and by crack she meant cleavage. What a weirdo. The second was from a guy who won at the speedway earlier that day. )


Here is a pic from my first Demolition Derby. I just had to document it. It was so great, I'll never forget it.

No comments: