Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ah... so much

It's so great to be back in Logan. I feel like I've been gone so long, Hay and I almost forgot we still live here. I have been a vagabond for the past week, never sleeping in the same bed twice. My bed missed me. I'm grateful for all the adventures I had. I traveled 1554 miles in the past seven days and saw everything from the Grand Canyon to Zion (well from a short distance) to the beautiful Wasatch back. I love my life.

On the drive to Havasupai Jo was kind enough to read this entire book aloud to us. I loved it and wish everyone would read it. DO IT NOW!!


Our able bodies and reliable gear treated us well in the Oasis they call Havasupai. The water was still as blue as ever but the landscape unfortunately has changed due to the flood last year.

This is Havasu Falls. The right pic is last year.




This canyon was formed where Navajo used to be.
IT'S CRAZY!!








It didn't stop us from having any fun though. The Gnomes still managed to be annoying as ever in our matching yellow tank tops.




We got pretty good at taking on the spot naps where ever we put our heads down. It was quite a site. We looked so homeless.






If I could sum the trip in a few misquoted quotes these would be them:
-It looks like I have measles of the feet!
-This has 40 grams of protein!!
-I think it was a zebra desert cobra
-I would trust Fletcher with my life
-Do you think it's cheaper to stay here now that its all f'd up?
-Did they steal any of your stuff? ...I'm going to throw them of the f'ing cliff.
-"Ask the Jews to take it!"
-This has 18 grams of protein
-I'm surprised more people don't die here!
-The squirrel stole Rhodes nuts!
-I think the reason we got eaten alive last night is because we were sleeping on horse crap.
-Lets do it spider style
-Excuse me, Did you just say ba-day?

I'm glad we all think we are so funny. It makes everything so much better.

Good times.

Trip Part 2:

The mountains make me happy if you can't tell.



I'm going to miss this girl bad.

Night Hikes with glow sticks.


I got to do hair in the most beautiful salon EVER!!

Life is good.

4 comments:

Whittron said...

oh man, kylee and I listened to that book at work. Jones is sort of a creep. Good book though. Something to think about.

Hayley said...

that place was so f'ed up.

and you forgot "touch my body" c'mon!

McKayJoice said...

I love when we still manage to be annoying.

Jo Olsen said...

I still can't believe those squirrels took rhode's nuts! THAT'S F'ed up!