Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feb.

Well it's officially February. I like this month. Probably because it is SO much better than January. I'll have you know that my resolution for January was successful. I finished the beanies for the humanitarian center. I hope they warm up somebody special.
This month feels sweet to me. February has sugar in the air. I think that this month my goal is going to be to try to make as many new treats as I can. Maybe if you're lucky you might be the recipient of one.

Over the weekend I jumped on the cake pop bandwagon. I'm a little embarrassed for some reason. Maybe because they are the girly'ist treat ever and I've never considered myself a girly girl. All well. I'm bored a lot at this job and it was my sisters birthday so I thought "what the heck". They are pretty tasty. If you ever make them I would recommend only putting in one scoop of frosting. Just enough to hold them together. Thats what I did and they were perfect. Any more and they would be all soggy and stuff. I hate sog. Mine still tasted like cake inside.
The recipe is on here bakerella.com .





Diane, who is the daughter of the lady I take care of, loves to cook. She lets me cook for her family one or two nights a week and I love it. She is in a cooking club and a week or so ago the invite said it was a Julia Childs night and everyone was assigned one of her recipes. Diane was assigned to bring this crazy complicated, tiny, delicious French cake. I've never made such a tricky cake but it was good. I don't even remember the name of it. It was in French.

If anyone has any good dessert recipes they would like to share with me, I would love it. I think I am going to make creme brulee tonight. Juje, I wish you would be here to eat it with me. I also wish I had a blow torch.

1 comment:

Juje said...

I wish I was too. Let's make almond joy cake this weekend!