Friday, February 26, 2010

Yum

When I lived in Germany with my aunt a few years ago I fell in love with schnitzel. If I couldn't read the menu at a restaurant I knew I was safe ordering anything schnitzel. My aunt Cheryl taught me how to make it but for some reason I haven't made it since. I must have been thinking crazy because it is so TASTY! Last night I busted out the meat mallet and fry pan and had at it. It was so easy and delicious. I made dill roasted potatoes which were the perfect compliment. If you haven't cooked with fresh dill before, I strongly recommend it. I can't wait to grow some this summer.

I borrowed this picture from google because I feel weird taking pictures of food in front of other people, but mine looked just this good, probably better.

For dessert I hopped continents to Australia. Gladys's son in law lived in Australia for a while so I was curious if my pavlova would taste legit. He said it did, even though he was probably just being nice. Normally you serve it with kiwis and passionfruit but berries were delicious. This dessert reminds me of summer because it is so light and sweet. If you haven't made it, it's really easy and elegant. You should give it a try.


I don't know why I put food on my blog. Probably because I like food, and I like making it.

"When we no longer have good cooking in the world, we will have no literature, nor high and sharp intelligence, nor friendly gatherings, no social harmony."
Marie-Antoine CarĂªme

1 comment:

AnneC. said...

hey, your blog is great! I've been to Germany a couple of times and I loves shitzel too. Big portions though...lol
I have a blog too if you would like to check it out. :)