Thursday, April 1, 2010

Modern

I feel like I talk about my Dad a lot on this thing but that is because I need to document him for my posterity. He is... one of a kind. Janelle and Dan and I are the only ones who truly understand how funny he is and appreciate everything that comes out of his mouth. Even when he is in a bad mood and is raising his voice I still catch myself writing stuff he says down on the notepad in my phone so I won't forget it.

Example- "Eat your twinkies!" (He was literally forcing Janelle and I to eat the twinkies he gave us. And he wasn't trying to be funny.)
Example of slang that we taught him that we have actually caught him using-
"Was she a Bi?"

Anyways... Daniel and I went with my Dad to Cabelas on monday to look at guns. It was definitely a bonding moment. I forget that there is still a little boy in that 6'5" body. He is in heaven in that store. As we were standing in the gun section waiting to be helped I overheard him say, "Gosh... they have enough guns in this store to start five wars." When I looked over at him (with slightly raised eyebrows) he was just staring at a wall of guns completely serious. Oh... I love this guy.

With that being said, I LOVE Modern Family! I hope everyone gets a chance to watch it. Its still on the first season so you can catch up if you missed it thus far. Phil, the Dad in the show, kind of reminds me of my Dad. I had to post this clip. There are a 1,000 more clips I would post, but... I'm not gonna. Please enjoy this show. I promise I'm not going to get hooked on anymore tv shows while I work for Gladys! I promise! Only one more month left.





Okay, just one more. This one has nothing to do with my Dad.


2 comments:

Englebright said...

We are loving this show too. Dude, I think you need to come to NC and just watch TV with me. :) I haven't seen that last episode, and since I'm laughing hysterically after watching the clip, I'm going to watch the whole thing tonight.

Riana Grace said...

You wont regret it. And I would love to come to NC and watch and play with you!