Sunday, February 20, 2011

Murder.

I know I talk about them a lot but they are my family so... deal wit it. Ann and John are gone all the time. This week they are in Hawaii so I am tag teaming the supervising with Ben Camp (another nephew). Claire and Aaron are the kids on the right in this photo. I love them with my whole heart. Aaron is the sweetest child I have ever met. I wish you all could meet him. He is a genius but always seems to be working in slow motion. He speaks in a mono-tone voice and is seriously NEVER in a hurry. Claire is the complete opposite. She talks a million miles a minute and is involved in 1,001 things all the time. They take such good care of each other.


I just made Claire a birthday dinner tonight and Aaron said he wanted to make her a cake all by himself. She requested carrot cake. Unfortunately the All Star game is on right now and it has taken his full attention. Here is the conversation I just heard from the living room:

Claire- "Aaron, make my cake!!"
Aaron- "I will. I will."
Claire- "Di said to use Bertas recipe because it has pineapple in it and she said it makes it moist."
Aaron looks at the recipe
Aaron- "Oh my gosh there are so many ingredients! Ugh.."
Aaron watches more of the basketball game
Claire- "Aaron!! Start making it!!
Aaron- "I will."
Claire- "Aaron hurry! We want to eat cake tonight!!"
Aaron looks at the recipe for a while
Claire- "Please let Riana help you, this is going to take you forever."
Aaron- "NO!"
5 minutes later Aaron is grating carrots on the couch
10 minutes later he is still grating carrots on the couch
Aaron- "...This sucks!"

Unless you are my family, you may not appreciate that but it had me laughing pretty hard.

Friday was a funny day. I bought Ryan tickets to go see Murder By Death. Seeing them live was on my bucket list. I introduced them to Ryan a couple months ago and he said he liked them, he may have just been humoring me but that was good enough for me. I printed out the tickets and looked at the address of the venue-- Bar Deluxe 666 S. State Street. What the wha?... 666?! I took him straight into the devils lair to see a band called Murder By Death. Ha ha. Good times.

I'm not exactly sure why I look like a deer in the headlights, but I do. I'm fairly confident that we were the only sober people in that bar. Hearing them play Brother was absolutely wonderful. I could have gone home happy if that was all they played, but they played a great set.

Their Cellist is incredible.




Life is good. 11 days till Germany. 2 1/2 months till New York. Summer is coming. Gladys is funny. The Piano is rocking my world. My life is filled with people I love.
Peace out.

3 comments:

Nat said...

that song makes me miss willy. it was great to talk to you today. you called for a recipe and got stuck talking to me for half hour! sucker!

Riana Grace said...

Yeah I'm such a sucker. Ha ha. I heard you cut your hair!! How did that not come up in our convo?! I need to see it asap.

Juje said...

Ugh. I'm so jealous right now.