Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Things I like. No... things I love.

BOOKS!!!! Wow. I am so obsessed with reading lately. I decided that while I work for Glad this time around I need to use my time better. I try to read most of the afternoon. For a while I was reading 4 books at once. I decided that I needed to cut down to 1 or 2 at a time so I can feel the accomplishment of finishing one. Jordan recommended a book called Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand who is the author of Seabiscuit. It is so interesting and captivating and motivating. It is about a track star named Louie Zamperini who competed in the '36 Olympics with Jesse Owens. When WWII started he joined the military and went through some CrAzY shiz. His attitude through all of his ordeals is so admirable. Ya'll should read it.



SHAKIRA. Gosh I love her and I'm not ashamed to say it.



If you didn't enjoy that video there is something wrong with you. Yeah I know it is a little scandalous but Nadal is a dream boat.

I used to try to be her in public. Now that I'm a little more mature I save my hip shaking for the privacy of my room, or on one occasion a small audience in the gnome home. Ha. They got lucky.



MERYL STREEP in Julie and Julia. I have never been that crazy about Meryl but I cannot get enough of her playing Julia Child. That voice KILLS me!! Watching that character makes me want to be passionate about everything I do. It also makes me want to be a chef. I wish they would have left out the whole blog part of that movie and just filmed her in Paris the whole time.




SCARLATTI. I don't know where he has been my whole life. I stumbled upon this piece a month ago and decided that I had to learn it. I have been practicing every second I can and this piece is blowing my mind. Scarlatti is known as being a "gymnast" on the piano and now I understand why. Hands are flying all over the place through the whole song. I am in love with it.





If you haven't seen the CARL BLOCH exhibit at BYU go do it right now!! It is wonderful. I have already gone three times and can't wait to go again.



I have a lot of other lovely things that I want to write about but I think that is enough for today.

2 comments:

janelle said...

can you take me to the Carl Bloch exhibit next time i'm home? sister date. and you have to teach me about all the symbolism, since you're so smart and know all about it by now. akah? akah.

Riana Grace said...

Yes and yes. Come home already. I miss you dearly.