Thursday, December 25, 2008

The North Pole





So my family has a tradition every Christmas Eve of driving down to Utah lake which is usually completely iced over and we throw rocks in to try and break through it. It's always been fun and my silly little family just gets a kick out of it, well except Dan now who thinks he is too good for it and stuff.

This year it was exceptionally good. It was so Snowy!! It felt just like the North Pole, or maybe Antarctica would be a better description. I should change the title of this.

When we got to the point we always drive to there was a special new feature... A Pole!!! Now we can really call it the North Pole legitimately. (Okay I won't change it)

Ben was very brave and walked out onto the ice which was pretty patchy at spots. I almost went out with him but the mere thought gave my mom a near heart attack so I stayed back for her.

Our little valley is quite the little wonderland. It made my craving for Alaska even stronger. I will go there even if it kills me. Janelle gave me a book about Alaska for Christmas and I can't put it down.

It's been such a nice Holiday. I'm grateful to be with my Family. They never stop crackin me up which is great exercise for my healing lungs. Oh, for anyone who cares, I am already to 2000 ML on my aspirator. I'm so proud of my self.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

2000?!! keep up the good work!