Thursday, January 22, 2009

Give me Air!! Or Give Me Death!!!


I have learned to love Cache Valley. The past summer and fall were dreamy, the snow fall was so beautiful, but now... something has happened. I always knew Cache Valley was known for its bad air in the winter and I always wondered why. You would think a small town in the beautiful mountains would have perfect air. I realize there are a large concentration of people here now and we have narrow canyons making the air trapped, but I didn't realize that Logan officials don't have their heads on straight.

CARS REGISTERED IN CACHE VALLEY AREN'T REQUIRED TO HAVE EMISSIONS TESTS DONE!!

You have got to be kidding me!! You think that people would put two and two together. I read some articles about it and one said that they are waiting to enforce emissions testing until they come out with a more advanced technology.

Another article talked about how many health problems come along with breathing this air.

"I feel a burning sensation in my chest, sometimes I cough up gray junk, and my sinuses are equally impacted."

"The source of the problem is lung-penetrating soot particulates less than 1/40th the width of a human hair. The soot — made up essentially of atmospheric ammonia and nitrogen oxide from vehicle emissions — can damage air sacs in the lungs, causing a wide range of health concerns from asthma and congestive heart failure to immune system disorders." (!!!!!!!)

I'm speechless!

(well... obviously I am not since I am writing a blog about it)

Get on the ball Logan before I throw up, or better yet, drop dead.


2 comments:

Ky said...

I remember last winter walking to school and coughing up gray soot. I didnt know what was going on and now i do! Thanks for this blog and helping people realize how gross it is....

I miss cache valley, but I dont miss the air!!

McKayJoice said...

You have become one of my favorite bloggers. . do you know that?

I love your blogs this one is so great. . .the picture, so great.