Friday, September 18, 2009

Whenever I get stressed or down I do one of the following things:

*Cook something delicious
*Treat myself to a nap
*Crochet
*Let my mind escape to Alaska

Thinking about Alaska, for some reason, makes me so happy and excited. I want to go so bad! Lately however, I have been taking mini vacations from Alaska to a place that for some reason I can't get out of my head.

Montauk
Ever since I saw Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless mind I have wanted to go. Anytime I hear the word Montauk I feel all gooey inside. Is that weird? Sometimes I play that Nelly Furtado song Give It To Me over and over because of that one line.

My favorite Chef on Food Network is Ina Garten. Her show is filmed in East Hampton which is close to Montauk. I secretly love when she goes on her little field trips because I love to see the sights there, even though the segments are SO cheesy.

I think if I could buy any house I wanted right now, this would be the house. I would invite Ina over every day for lunch. Think of all the fresh crab I could eat here! I imagine the house to have all wood floors, simple art, good lighting, fresh hearty food in the pantry, with lots of books and fresh flowers.

It would be perfect.



Look! Doesn't it look like Ina and I would be best friends?

Not that anyone who reads this cares, but she is so great. She used to work in the White House as a Nuclear Policy Analyst. She got tired of that and decided to buy this little specialty food shop because she loved food and entertaining. Now, without any formal culinary training she has written 6 cookbooks and has her own show. I would love for her to teach me how to cook, oh wait, she does everyday at three o'clock. She has taught me to simplify, enjoy the people I love and eat well.

Wow, this post is psycho and random...

2 comments:

Ky said...

i love this post! its three thirty.. i bet you are watching ina!

Losee Family said...

I'll have to watch it. Sounds interesting and yummy