Saturday, November 14, 2009

Quote City

I have a love hate relationship with this post. I hate that I am writing this because it is targeted at a dear friends work (not them), but I HAVE to say it! So I am apologizing now for bashing opinions.

There was an art piece titled All War Is Suicide. Now, any of you who know me understand why I would get all worked up about this message. I am so sad that some people actually have this mentality. War is terrible! I think everyone knows that. But to say that it is suicide is insulting.

We make war that we may live in peace. -Aristotle

There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy. -George Washington

"Anytime while I was a slave, if one minutes freedom had been offered to me, and I had been told that I must die at the end of that minute, I would have taken it- just to stand one minute... on God's airth a free woman. I would."
-Elizabeth "Mumbet" Freeman, a slave who won her freedom in court after petitioning the State of Massachusett in 1781

I think that all those uneducated punk bands and teenagers who love being anti-war because its the "cool" thing to be right now, don't understand freedom or history for that matter. War is terrible, but we would not be free without it and our freedom is the most precious thing we have. I am grateful for every soldier who has fought for me and who is fighting for me now. We are not in a draft, these men and women choose to fight for freedom and I think they deserve so much respect. To say that their job is suicide in an insult.

It is no dishonor to be in a minority in the cause of liberty. -Sam Adams

1 comment:

Whittron said...

I need a modern day sam adams to fall in love with.