Saturday, April 25, 2009

simple pleasures

I have always been one to enjoy simple pleasures. Giving and receiving kind little notes can completely make my day. Cooking make me happy. Sunshine makes me feel alive. Having dear friends around makes life worth living.

There are only a couple of movies in life that I can watch over and over. One of them is Stranger than Fiction. Whenever I watch it I always feel good. I don't analyze why or think too hard about it but I know it leaves a "right" feeling inside. This morning I finished the end because I fell asleep watching it last night. Yet again it brought a little tear to my eye. A statement really stuck out to me, enough to make me write it down.

"We must remember [the simple pleasures] in life. The nuances, the anomalies, the subtleties which we assume only accessorize our days, in fact, are here for a much larger and nobler cause. They are here to save our lives."

If you have seen this movie you will understand how much this line ties the whole movie together. It's beautiful.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is my absolute favorite movie! I totally forgot about it when Adam asked me what movie he should watch last night!

I wont forget it now. never again.

Great post.

Ky said...

i just found this quote and it reminded me of your post. I think it has alot to do with the simple things in life that make us so happy.

"enjoy the little things, because one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
- robert brault

Riana Grace said...

Oh I love that.