Monday, April 20, 2009

Sow a little seed

Saturday morning awakened all the Gnomes to spring. Juje and I had all day to kill so we spent the whole day out in the yard. We went crazy. We cleaned the garage, cleaned out the garden spaces, rota-tilled (well we watched as our gracious neighbor did), and planted our hearts out. When I told my 85 year old patient what I had planted in our garden he said in his wonderful southern accent "well the economy isn't gonna hurt you". It made me so happy to hear that. I'm gonna be living off the earth this summer and I can't wait.


If you can see in this picture, we have two green bean sprouts already. I am convinced they are a weed but Juje says they aren't. I hope So bad she is right.

3 comments:

PerfectMomentProject said...

living off the earth? very cool...

Learning Earth Day lessons....
whether you want to or not.How one grandson taught his grandma a lesson in loving the earth.

Ky said...

I am so happy to see that my dream for a garden in that spot is actually being fufilled. my attempt was kinda sad, but your looks great so far! good luck!

you need a gnome in that garden quick!

Unknown said...

Riana - I think those are weeds. Have the beans come up since then?
Mom