Thursday, May 7, 2009

Proud to be....

Day two in D.C. was double the pleasure. today I went to the center of engravings and beheld 32 million dollars with my own eyes. they sell sheets of printed money that you can cut yourself and I wanted to buy a sheet but when janelle and I went to the counter to purchase them we were appauled to find out that to buy 4 uncut $1 bills was gonna cost me $15.50! What the %*#! Janelle put it best when she asked the man "So I am paying you to do your job!?" The man was not happy to hear that and just stared at us without an answer. It was great.
You gnomes are going to be sad to hear that you are missing out on me buy so many regrettable things. Get excited to see them when I get home.

After the money place we went to the Smithsonian of Natural history where I saw crazy animals and the hope diamond which is like a million carats or something. It was cool.

On our way to the metro we were stopped because the road was blocked off. To our surprise it was our second Obama siteing! i didn't see his face clear but I saw Bidens. It was cool to see his entourage and to see the flag on his sweet ride.

After that we got to see the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution and The Bill of Rights. It almost brought a tear to my eye. I was so proud to be an American. Well, I still am. I was so happy to see George Washingtons real life signature. I loved it. My heart has been burning ever since.

We did so many other things but I am tired of writing. My mom and her dang itinerary are wearing my feet out. But its great. Me and the siblings wanted to buy her flowers for mothers day so we snuck out of this rad chinese restaurant early to buy some on the street and have them back at the room before she got there. We managed to get them and run down to get on the metro thinking we would make it before they got there but we spotted them a ways behind us! We sprinted through the station with the flowers behind my back while holding a giant umbrella and a bunch of weirdo purchases from the day. It was quite the sight. anyways, she loved them.

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow

2 comments:

Brett Z said...

So much jealousy....

Nat said...

The stories are already so good. I can't wait to hear them all in person. This place is not the same without you....