Friday, January 8, 2010

More Light?

Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday? Gladys hates Oprah but I caught a couple minutes and was intrigued. I watched what I missed on YouTube and was brought back to when I lived in Germany. The lifestyle in Germany is very similar to Denmark in lots of ways, I think. They have free healthcare, high income taxes, small organized apartments furnished by IKEA, small families, very little religion, fresh produce, lots of exercise etc. I was just curious about what you all think about this lifestyle. Part of me envies different things about it but because I am LDS and a conservative republican, in some ways I am sad for them. Watch this and tell me what you think. Watch part 2 if you have time.



I do agree with that mans philosophy, "Less space, less things, more light."

Cheryl, I hope you read this post. I miss talking to you about this stuff, and hearing your opinion.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ok so Ri I just watched Part 1 & 2 on YouTube, I agreed with the whole family thing, but of course not the whole higher being thing that they don't believe in. I wouldn't mind living there for the maternity leave, that's awesome! I do believe that the less you have the happier you are, it's the people who are in your lives that counts. Having a clean living space always makes me happy so I can see why they are. Plus I can see why they are healthy & lean, they don't have junk food like us Americans and they ride their bikes everywhere. I would love to visit there.